Take it as u see it, Leave it if u can't handle it.

Take it as u see it, Leave it if u can't handle it.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I finally finished my poem for the poetry slam!!!
I still need to memorize it... Can u guess who its about?

My eyes swollen from the tears
Dreaming, waiting, anticipating the day you will stop hating.

I will never sell myself short.
No longer the marionette controlled by your chains
Forcing me to do your every whim.
Holding on to every word you say as if my life depended on it.

No more streams of empty promises and tomorrow.
The next day...
No the next...
Maybe we'll try next week.

No more disrespect...
Name calling...
Phone calls...
Text messages... and those two min intimate seasons you call pleasure.

No more front seat rides in the Nissan Altima 2008 22 in rims with the horn to match.
Just the 3:30 ride to daycare.

Good bye 99 cent spicy chicken nuggets with barbecue sauce.
Rides to work and home again.
Sitting outside my house will my mom text me telling me to come in NOW!!!

No more seeing your smiling face
Kisses on the four head and good night wishes.

I fight for your love and struggle to keep mine alive.
You push me away constantly saying our love never meant anything.
"Go ahead and have your parties" I said
"I'll be waiting... Call me when you get home."
2:47am Missed call... Baby Daddy.

Forgive me for all my wrong doings and my endless battle for perfection. The white house with the blue shutters and the porch wrapped all the way around ain't for me.

Some of this is on me but most of it was your jealousy.
The fact that you couldn't get over it and just move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment